Sunday, September 2, 2012

Me and my folding bike - GYPSY

I saw a blog focus on folding bike and I imagine myself to have one too. With the following reasons:

- Instead of hiring tricycle from house to Pureza, usually cost P20 (20x6 = P120 per week & P480 per month), and from Altura to house after work cost P25 (25x6 = 150 per week & P600 per month) - a real savings =)

-Sometimes, katamaran struck you, so instead of jogging it’s before to ride your bike than nothing

- Another reason to save money, instead of commuting within the metro manila, you can ride your bike and go anywhere you want.

- And my most especial thought was: while backpacking or touring other town, it’s much better if I have my own bike touring around than hiring local transportation. I want to “feel” the place by absorbing every detail.

Finally, we bought our folding bike in a surplus shop along Pasay (unintentional). We were going to Ojay’s son christening in Newport. Along the way, we saw a bunch of bike display in a surplus shop. We decided after the event to drop by and see the price because in online shop - usually P3, 500 up. From Newport we returned to Pasay MRT and walk up to EDSA corner Skyway under fly over. We stopped by in Mcdo Evangelista to cool down and ordered McFloat. And continue our walk to the surplus shop.

Upon arrival, we saw 3-4 types of folding bike together with regular bike. I fell in love with an orange-colored folding bike but the wheels are too small for my type. Then I saw among the tons of bike is “my” Gypsy folding bike. You know when love at first sight strike. So I decided to buy it and no regret later on.

I asked the seller to contact me if a same kind of bike was delivered, but he eagerly mention “may stock pa sa taas… magpapahanap ako”. And we waited. Two choices were provided; one is identical to “my” gypsy but colored green (mine is white) (later on I changed my mine and choose the green..hehe). In the end we bought two identical folding bikes for me and Jhe for P2, 200 each.

We went home with the bike inside the taxi compartment and the other one is beside me in the back passenger seat (flexible). We were excited to test it but I have some important errand to deal first.

Later on, I arrived almost 7:30 pm and we tested our bikes. We tour within our barangay and dine in a Pares house near EspaƱa (save money from commuting & energy for walking). I enjoyed my first ride. And wish for more… but sad to say, we have to sleep early because of work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment