Monday, September 17, 2012

CORON PALAWAN Getaway (Day 1)

This trip supposed to be a birthday getaway with the birthday boy – Jhe. However, due to his new job he was not allowed to get a vacation leave. Luckily, my friend Ludette is willing to join me since I already booked this trip.

I booked Ludette but due to late booking, the flight going to Busuanga is different from mine. I leave Manila 11:20 am while Ludette will be 2:20 pm.

Day 1

- I went to Terminal 3 earlier and ate my breakfast in Mcdo Pasay Rotunda
- Ride airport shuttle cost P20
- Settle my boarding pass with Air Philippines and proceed with gate 132
- Board the designated aircraft
- ETA Busuanga airport terminal, 35-40 mins travel time







- Ride a van to Coron (included in our package), for commuter it cost P150 one-way, 35-40 mins travel time
Later on, a tricycle driver mentions that the airport is located in the middle of a Ranch. That explains the slow progress of establishment within the area in comparison to other provincial airport. The area is privately owned for a cattle farm.

- ETA Patrik & Tezz guesthouse









- Rest for a while and then proceed with touring its small town. Actually I’m looking for a descent but affordable eatery to have my late lunch since it’s already 2:00 pm. I went straight toward Coron public market next to Harbour Center & Tourism Center. A sudden downpour of rain stopped me from touring the place. Then I continue my walk up to Coron municipality hall, elementary school, health center & multi-purpose hall. Again the rain fall so I proceed in Coron Center – an eatery. The meal usually cost P150 which is pricey for a pork liempo, rice & pineapple juice (I don’t have a choice since I’m already starving). Afterwards I head back to the guesthouse and wait for Ludette.



- As I stretch out on my bed for 3 days and 2 nights, a knock disturbed me. It’s Patrik telling me that no-ludy-arrived on the airport, he received a call from the airport- Jayjay (Ludy’s service). I panicked since she already texted me 3:15 that she’s on her way- where? I left the house, look for a globe prepaid load retailer and loaded my empty phone. I called her thrice – ringing. Then there, it triggers my malevolent mind. Thoughts of being kidnap by strangers overwhelm me. I try calling her again. Then she texted me saying, “Dian kalalapag lang po ng plane”. OKEY! Cebu Pacific is delay again. I relaxed and tell Patrik regarding the adjusted arrival.

- I went back to my room and prepare for our 5:30 trip going to Mt. Tapyas & Maquinit hotspring. Afterwards, I waited ludy on the receiving area. Finally, she arrived. She immediately change her clothes since our hired tricycle arrive for the trip (included in the package).

- ETA Mt. Tapyas. 700+ steps from jump-off to view deck.


The first time I saw the cross standing at the peak of Mt. Tapyas, looking over the small town of Coron, I sense like being under the protection of Our Creator. The cross is visible anywhere in town.

- Descend back to jump-off, and then proceed toward Maquinit hot spring - rough & slippery ride due to continuous rain.

- ETA Maquinit hot spring. Super relaxing after a tiring climb in Mt. Tapyas.



- Head back to lodging. Wash-up and walk toward Harbour center.
Earlier, our tricycle driver is spontaneous with his story about many things like Airport inside Cattle Ranch, Coron town inside Busuanga Island, suggested restaurant & specialty food in coron… etc.

- We went to Foodtrip and order Sultana de coron cost P250 (suggested by the trike driver). Yummy!



Back to lodge and sleep.
End of Day 1 Coron Getaway

Day 2 see CORON PALAWAN Getaway (Day 2)
Day 3 see CORON PALAWAN Getaway (Day 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment